If you are completely new to Sanskrit and cannot understand Simple Standard Sanskrit, or do not currently speak any Sanskrit, this course is where you need to begin. This course eventually leads up to Pravesha (where the grammar is explained in greater detail) & to L2 Sambhāṣanam (for which you will be sent details when you’ve completed the L1 course.
1. bhavataḥ nāma, bhavatyāḥ nāma, mama nāma..
2. saḥ, sā, tat, eṣaḥ, eṣā, etat
3. vastuparicayaḥ (nityopayogāni vastūni)
4. ām, na, vā, asti, nāsti
5. atra, tatra, kutra, anyatra, sarvatra
6. aham, bhavān, bhavatī
7. vibhakti paricayaḥ
8. kriyāpadāni – laṭ, loṭ,
10. āvaśyakam, māstu, paryāptam
13. hyaḥ, adya, śvaḥ ityādi…
15. yadā, tadā; yāvat, tāvat; yadi, tarhi; yathā, tathā; yadyapi, tathāpi; yat, tat; yataḥ, tataḥ
16. cet, no cet
17. avayavānāṃ nāmāni
19. kintu, niścayena, prāyaśaḥ, kila, kīdṛśa, apekṣayā, iva
20. tumun, ktvā
22. rucivācakāḥ śabdāḥ
23. bandhuvācakāḥ śabdāḥ
Note: This course is open only to people who live in the UK & EU.
If you already have attended the L1 course or are otherwise able to speak and understand Spoken sanskrit – please contact us and mention the details of your prior Sanskrit education and spoken skills and we will be able to suggest/place you in a different level class.