- This event has passed.
Saṃskṛta Saṃbhāṣaṇa Śibiram 2020
August 29 @ 09:00 - August 31 @ 16:30£75
Update: This event is being postponed to August/September due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please note that registrations have been suspended.
Saṃskṛta Bhāratī UK invites you to participate in the 13th annual Saṃskṛta Saṃbhāṣaṇa Śibiram (residential Spoken Sanskrit Camp) at Leicester over the upcoming Easter long-weekend (3 days & 2 nights, spanning nearly 40 hours of learning and speaking sanskrit).
In our residential camps (Śibiram) attendees will get to stay in a beautiful natural setting, learn and speak Saṃskṛtam without any distractions. Such camps have proved to be very successful in not just learning the language, but also imbibing the cultural values and also re-energize oneself. More importantly, one gets to network and form friendship with others with similar interests.
- Learn to use spoken Sanskrit in an immersive atmosphere.
- Practise your spoken-Sanskrit skills with like-minded friends.
- Listen to stories narrated, songs sung and games played in Saṃskṛtam
- Gain some invaluable experience in an area of Saṃskṛtam learning that even universities do not provide.
- Find some hard-to-find Sanskrit books and educational materials on sale at the venue.
All this and more in a fun-filled environment!
For improving the Saṃskṛtam that you may have learned, this is the best opportunity. Even if you have never participated in a saṃbhāṣaṇa śibiram before, this opportunity will give you a jump-start to your spoken sanskrit skills.
Ages 10 and below: Free
Ages 11-15: £35
Ages 16 and over = £75
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of food will be served?
We will be providing a sattvic vegetarian diet, however if you have any additional dietary requirements such as gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance or any allergies please specify in the registration form.
- What should I bring?
– Sleeping bag, pillow, bed sheet,
– Towel, toiletries (shower gel, toothbrush etc)
– Clothes for 4 days, (optional: traditional clothes for Saraswati puja)
– Notebook and pen
Please do not bring any alcohol, tobacco or intoxicants
- How do I pay for it?
Once you register, you will receive an email containing the bank account details for making the payment.
- Do I already need to know Sanskrit to participate in this?
Absolutely not, you can even be a complete beginner.
- What if I have other questions?