- This event has passed.
Prarambhika Samskrita Sambhashana Shibiram, May 2019
May 4 @ 09:00 - May 5 @ 16:30£40
Beginners Saṃskṛta Śibiram, May 2019
Saṃskṛta Bhāratī UK invites you to participate in the Beginners Saṃskṛta Śibiram (residential Spoken Sanskrit Camp) at Leicester over the upcoming May long weekend (4th, 5th & 6th May 2019).
Level: Beginners (Anyone who wants to gain a basic knowledge of Spoken Sanskrit)
In our residential camps (Śibiram) attendees will get to stay in a beautiful natural setting, learn and speak Saṃskṛtam without any distractions. Such camps have proved to be very successful in not just learning the language, but also imbibing the cultural values and also re-energize oneself. More importantly, one gets to network and form friendship with others with similar interests.
- Learn to use spoken Sanskrit in an immersive atmosphere.
- Practise your spoken-Sanskrit skills with like-minded friends.
- Listen to stories narrated, songs sung and games played in Saṃskṛtam
- Find some hard-to-find Sanskrit books and educational materials on sale at the venue.
All this and more in a fun-filled environment!
For improving the Saṃskṛtam that you may have learned, this is the best opportunity. Even if you have never participated in a saṃbhāṣaṇa śibiram before, this opportunity will give you a jump-start to your spoken sanskrit skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of food will be served?
We will be providing a full vegetarian diet, however if you have any additional dietary requirements such as gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance or any allergies please specify in the registration form.
- What should I bring?
– Sleeping bag, pillow, bed sheet,
– Towel, toiletries (shower gel, toothbrush etc)
– Clothes for 1 day, (optional: traditional clothes for Saraswati puja)
– Notebook and pen
Please do not bring any alcohol, tobacco or intoxicants
- How do I pay for it?
Once you register, you will a confirmation message with the bank account details for making the payment.
- You have mentioned the level to be ‘beginners’, what does that mean?
By beginners level, we mean that you are new to Sanskrit, and that some or all of the below apply to you:
– You have heard about Sanskrit to be an ancient language but dont know how it could be used today
– You have an interest in gaining a better understanding of Indian culture & civilization
– You have attended (or are attending) other Sanskrit courses and want to know how to speak the language.
- What if I have other questions?